- A router that supports VPN setup or a router running DD-WRT firmware. (Method 1)
- A laptop running Windows.
Setup iProVPN on Roku – Method 1
- Install VPN on your router. We have detailed tutorials on various routers that you can check out here. If your router does not support VPN, flash DD-WRT firmware on your router, and follow this tutorial to setup VPN on DD-WRT.
- On your Roku, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to the router.
You can confirm VPN protection by using any web browser and checking IP address here.
Setup iProVPN on Roku – Method 2
- Download and install iProVPN on your Windows laptop.
- Connect to any server.
- Right-click on the internet connection in the icon tray and click on Open Network and Internet settings.
- From the left menu, go to Mobile Hotspot.
- Turn on Mobile Hotspot. Note down the SSID and password written below. You can also edit them.
- Return to Network and Internet settings, go to Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on TAP Windows Adapter V9, switch to Sharing tab, and check the Allow other network users to connect box and pick your internet connection from the drop-down menu.
- Connect your Roku to this laptop by going into Wi-Fi settings.